Thursday 2 April 2015

Camp Nanowrimo: Day 01

Well it's April second and if you like to write you probably already know that it's day two of April Camp Nanowrimo. I think I'm going to do periodic updates this month could be fun to come back and see what my attitude was and how it changes throughout the month.

So with day one behind us here's what I accomplished:


Well, actually I have mixed feelings about yesterday. I broke 1000 words but I didn't break the 1666 words to stay on track for the month. I just came back from a trip where I didn't have a computer for days so my focus went out the window. I got way too distracted by the internet in all of it's glory. Excuses. I could have probably pumped out another 500 words and I chose not to.

Not off to a good start.

I didn't get too far into my story, but already I know this month will be interesting if I can just keep with it. My characters have already decided to meet in a manner different than how I had originally planned. Which means that although my idea this camp was to do a mix of planning and pantsing it's looking like a lot more pantsing and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I'm not worried yet, but I think this month is going to be a lot more difficult than November where I had decided to get back into writing with a fanfiction. I hope I don't regret my decision to write an original piece.

Goals for Day Two:
  • Get to 1666 before the morning is over
  • Get to 3333 by the afternoon
  • Introduce at least one new character to the story
  • Get a more solid idea of what is going to happen

Mood after day one:

... well this could be problematic.

No comments:

Post a Comment