Today is going to be a little more lax, I'm starting late, but I wrote a lot yesterday so I'm still sitting ahead. I'd love to get further ahead though before I hit that inevitable wall I know I'll meet in the near future. With that said, here's my goals for today:
Day Six Goals
And here's how day six is going...
- Hit the 15,000 word mark, effectively putting me three days ahead.
- Begin the main character's journey to resolve her conflict.
- Get the final player introduced to the story. (I'm really hoping this happens today)
- Have Draper conquer his own inner conflicts
I'm so uninspired it's killing me. All I want to do is read at this point, but if I don't write the day's worth of words I know I'll be disappointed in myself, but this one's going to be like pulling teeth. I knew it was coming, I just had hoped it wouldn't be this soon into the race. Though I admit, I'm finding it hard to get into writing, once I've got the flow down I can hardly stop.
15,000 will be stretch today, I think it's more likely a 14,000 day which is a little upsetting, but we'll see what happens. Being as it's already almost one in the afternoon and I literally feel no motivation whatsoever... well, that sentences finishes itself.
I haven't touched the main character's conflict in the less than 800 words I've wrote so far today today... what a surprise. (Heavy sarcasm intended).
The last person I'm dying to get introduced for the last two/three days is no closer to being introduced than they were yesterday. I'm going to go nuts if I see it as a goal for much longer.
Finally, Draper is beginning his journey to resolve his conflicts so we'll see where that goes. At least something is on track today.
Day six feelings:
Not going over and above for day seven, I plan to just focus on word count for the day
Day Seven Goals
- Word count of 16666 by the end of the day.
- Reach a word count of 15,000 by the end of the morning.
- Ideally break the 17,000 mark before sleep happens