Tuesday 7 April 2015

Camp Nanowrimo: Day 06

Well... I fail. I forgot to make some goals for today in yesterday's post. I guess I should probably get those out before I start my writing for the day.

Today is going to be a little more lax, I'm starting late, but I wrote a lot yesterday so I'm still sitting ahead. I'd love to get further ahead though before I hit that inevitable wall I know I'll meet in the near future. With that said, here's my goals for today:

Day Six Goals

  • Hit the 15,000 word mark, effectively putting me three days ahead.
  • Begin the main character's journey to resolve her conflict.
  • Get the final player introduced to the story. (I'm really hoping this happens today)
  • Have Draper conquer his own inner conflicts
 And here's how day six is going...

I'm so uninspired it's killing me. All I want to do is read at this point, but if I don't write the day's worth of words I know I'll be disappointed in myself, but this one's going to be like pulling teeth. I knew it was coming, I just had hoped it wouldn't be this soon into the race. Though I admit, I'm finding it hard to get into writing, once I've got the flow down I can hardly stop.

15,000 will be stretch today, I think it's more likely a 14,000 day which is a little upsetting, but we'll see what happens. Being as it's already almost one in the afternoon and I literally feel no motivation whatsoever... well, that sentences finishes itself.

I haven't touched the main character's conflict in the less than 800 words I've wrote so far today today... what a surprise. (Heavy sarcasm intended).

The last person I'm dying to get introduced for the last two/three days is no closer to being introduced than they were yesterday. I'm going to go nuts if I see it as a goal for much longer.

Finally, Draper is beginning his journey to resolve his conflicts so we'll see where that goes. At least something is on track today.

Day six feelings:

Not going over and above for day seven, I plan to just focus on word count for the day

Day Seven Goals

  • Word count of 16666 by the end of the day.
  • Reach a word count of 15,000 by the end of the morning.
  • Ideally break the 17,000 mark before sleep happens
PS. I finished a book yesterday so be on the look out for a new review!

No comments:

Post a Comment